Why to Give Back to the College of Business on Giving Tuesday

November 28, 2016

After the chaos of Black Friday, Shop Small Saturday, and Cyber Monday comes a very important day for the University of Wyoming - Tomorrow is Giving Tuesday. Giving Tuesday is a day where faculty, staff, students, alumni, and other supporters of our college give back and pass on to new students the many opportunities they have been afforded by our College. Accounting student, Christine Bessert, took the time to share with us why she is going to give back to our College of Business on Giving Tuesday.

3.jpg

The Education

I am thankful for the education that we all receive every day here in the College of Business. It is an education that has prepared me well to become an immediate contributor to the organization I have accepted a job with upon graduation.

Our College of Business has professors that not only are experts in their fields but also professors that continue to work in their fields. Learning from professors that can teach you not only material from a textbook but also from their own first-hand experience is invaluable.

The Financial Support

I know a number of my peers will graduate with me this Fall completely debt free. That’s amazing! When we all leave to begin our jobs we don’t have to worry about paying back large student loans and can focus on saving money for the important and exciting upcoming times in our lives.

The University of Wyoming has some of the lowest tuition costs in the country for both in-state and out-of-state students. This allows many of our students to graduate from college debt free, an impressive accomplishment. A donation to our College for scholarship purposes can help hard-working students at our College of Business to continue to graduate debt free.

The Experiences

I am so thankful for the experiences that I have had and I want to make sure the students who graduate from our College of Business in 5 or 10 years have just as much success as we all have.

Our College of Business continually works to provide unique and invaluable opportunities to our students. Through opportunities afforded by the Johnson Career Center or speakers and programs brought in from outside of the state, students are able to learn not only in the classroom but experientially as well as.

Pledging $20.16

On November 29th, “Giving Day”, I will be pledging $20.16 to our college in recognition of my graduation year and specifically in support of the Department of Accounting. I love the idea of giving back the amount that represents my graduation year! I hope that more students do this and we can really begin to make an impact. Twenty bucks does not seem like much, but as an accounting major let me just tell you that a little bit adds up very quick if we are all willing to give back.

Giving back to our College of Business in a department or area of your choice ensures that your favorite area of the college has the resources to become the favorite area of many other students to come. 

Please consider joining me in donating to the University of Wyoming College of Business on Giving Tuesday, November 29th. Whether you are a student or an alum, whether you can give a lot or a little, the bottom line is that we all need to show our support for an institution that has given us so much!

Go Pokes!!

Christine