Why I Chose the University of Wyoming

February 08, 2018

By: Hilary Lindell

I am currently a senior here at the University of Wyoming and am pursuing a degree in communication with a minor in marketing. When I first was looking at going to college, I initially was hoping to get my degree somewhere out of Wyoming. Being a Wyoming native, I wanted to leave and venture out somewhere on the East Coast or Colorado. However, after evaluating my options, I realized that UW was a better choice for me in the long run.20151002_KJS7802.jpg

"Uw was a better choice in the long run"

I mainly chose UW because of the cost. UW has a great price for tuition compared to the majority of colleges throughout the United States while still offering a valuable education for students. Knowing that I received in-state tuition ultimately determined my decision. Yet, after spending two years at UW, I’ve realized that it does have its perks. UW is a great choice for students interested in anything outdoors—skiing/snowboarding, hiking, camping and more.

Not only that, UW is a decent-sized university, while still having that small-town feel. Downtown Laramie is enjoyable with all of the colorful wall murals along the streets, locally owned restaurants, coffee shops and other quaint stores. Downtown also has multiple events throughout the year, such as the farmers market and the annual Laramie Downtown Mashup.

You cannot forget all of the athletic games UW has during the year as well. Football is a major one; people from all over the state attend and look forward to these games during the fall. While going to UW, I realized that even though the state of Wyoming has one university, it takes pride in it. People that attend UW like the state of Wyoming and continuously represent the state through brown and gold and the bucking horse symbol.

Low Tuition, Valuable Education, Outdoor Activities

Attending UW really depends on the student and the benefits that they are looking for. If you are someone who is looking for a low tuition cost, valuable education, outdoor activities and exhilarating sporting events, all with a small town feel, the University of Wyoming is right for you.

FIND YOUR INSPIRATION AT UW