UWAA Scholarship Applications Available November 1

October 18, 2017

University of Wyoming Alumni Association (UWAA) scholarship applications for the 2018-19 academic year will be available starting Wednesday, Nov. 1. The application deadline is Saturday, Dec. 30.

The UWAA provides scholarships to Wyoming students, out-of-state students, undergraduate and graduate students. Recipients are selected based on criteria including academic excellence, leadership and extracurricular activities.

The support of private donors and proceeds from the annual Scholarship auction allow the UWAA to provide four-year scholarships and single-year awards of varying monetary amounts to qualified resident and nonresident students.

Named scholarships that the Association coordinates selection for include the Mary Lou Rechard Memorial Scholarship, the Platte Valley National Bank Scholarship, the Shaw Family Scholarship, the Hershler/Skinner Family Memorial Scholarship, the Tuff Samuelson Memorial Scholarship, the John P. Ellbogen Foundation Scholarship, the Reed Family UW Alumni Association Scholarship, the Roberta M. Darnall Scholarship, the Jeanine and Warren Hodges UWAA Scholarship and the John and Helen Ilsey Family Foundation/Sheridan County Alumni Network Scholarship. Not all named scholarships are awarded every year.

In addition to these scholarships, the UWAA manages three region network scholarships (Houston, New York and Puget Sound regions), the WYO-Gold Leadership Scholarship and scholarships through the UW license plate program.

All applications must be completed and submitted online. Available scholarships may be viewed online without having login information. Applicants will only be able to apply for scholarships once they have been admitted to UW, and they will need their WyoWeb username and password to apply. 

For scholarship requirements or to download an application, visit the website at  www.uwyo.edu/alumni/scholarships/scholarship-opportunities-and-applications.html.

For more information, call Amy Morgan at the UWAA at (307) 766-4166 or email [email protected].

-MacKenzie DeHoff, UWAA Scholarship Recipient-

“One of the best things this scholarship has done for me is allowing me to dive into my course work and really get to know my faculty members within the department. It has shown me that UW truly cares about my success within my degree as wellas helping me grow into a well-rounded, contributing member of society. It has also helped me develop the ability to connect with a great alumni network that has become another support system to me and other students on campus.

DeHoff, MacKenzie.jpg