There is More than just panda Express
Panda seems to steal the hearts (and money) away from everyone on campus, but that is not the only place to satisfy those taste buds during lunchtime.
Take a walk across Prexy’s Pasture to check out Turtle Rock Coffee& Cafe, or walk to the basement of the Classroom building to sink your teeth into a warm bagel sandwich with a pumpkin spice latte on the side.
Maybe a seat at a table sounds like the exact thing you need instead of constantly getting things to go… Well, if you don’t have pass for Washakie, you’re in luck with Rendezvous restaurant located on the south side of campus. Offering salads, burritos, tacos and more, it’s the perfect place to sit down with a book to get you through your next few hours.
In the Union alone, there more than five restaurants to choose from. From Chinese food to gourmet salads to overflowing pita bread sandwiches, all you need to do is take your pick.
Listed below are all the foodie destinations this campus offers. In need of more information on these great restaurants? Check out the campus dining page.
- Panda Express, even more satisfying after a workout at Half Acre (we all know that’s the first thing we smell while walking out of the gym doors).
- Rolling Mill Café. Perfect for a quick coffee before your 8 a.m. ... or 11 a.m., or 3 p.m. (we all know coffee is needed at all times of the day.)
- Pita Pit (I recommend the falafel pita).
- Los Vaqueros, a mixture of Mexican food and fried chicken from Colorado! You cannot go wrong by eating *somewhat* locally!
- The Gardens, located in the basement of the Union.
- The newest of them all: Grassroots. Soups and salads, vegan and vegetarian options are all ready for pickup at your convenience. Even cooler, the lettuce is growing right in front our your eyes on the *new* vertical grow systems.
- Last but not least, you have CJ’s, which is stocked with anything you could possibly need at a reasonable price. They even have fresh sushi!
Tasty Options Surround Our Campus
- Book and Bean, offering unlimited coffee, tea, pastries, and espresso drinks. Anything you need to perk you up, they offer.
Main Campus Locations:
- Rendezvous, as previously mentioned, offers lunch and breakfast options and a full-service coffee bar. Salads, deli options, burritos and tacos are hot and waiting to be eaten! Bring a friend, sit down, eat some great food and enjoy the fall (or winter, apparently) weather.
We all know food is a top priority and some of your favorite meals can be hard to come by, but that is not the case on the UW campus.
Top Ramen can stay on the shelves-- instead you should try all the great food that is offered right here. Affordability is key and these restaurants grant that wish.
I mean… sometimes you just need a mocha and a croissant to make you realize everything will be OK.