Feature of the Month: Sigma Alpha Agriculture Sorority

January 15, 2018

By: Leann Bentley

Sigma Alpha, the Agricultural Sorority on campus is always welcoming new members who are interested in becoming involved in several social events, listeneng to many key speakers and developing professional skills.

Whether you are already a student at the University of Wyoming, or a high school senior interested in pursuing a degre in agriculture, Sigma Alpha might be a great choice for you. 

I spoke with Hannah Nordby, Sigma Alpha- Alpha Epsilon Chapter President about the club, what it offers, her thoughts on our University and all that comes with being a student here in Laramie.

20170513_TCB3986.jpg
    1. Tell us about your RSO 

Sigma Alpha is the Professional Agricultural Sorority on UW campus. It doesn't matter what major you are, the important quality we all have is a shared passion for Agriculture!

1. What activities does your RSO do each year?
    Learn more about the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources

We do a variety of community service, professional development, sisterhood, and social events with other groups on campus throughout the year. Some of our bigger events are open to the public and include bringing Industry Speakers to campus, volunteering for the Big Event, and organizing our Annual Barn Dance.

1. What made you choose UW?

I personally chose UW because I wanted to push outside my comfort zone and experience a new environment. 

1. What are your favorite parts about your college? 

I'm an Agricultural Education major, and it's exhilarating that the more I get into my major, the more I love it! I've also enjoyed meeting lifelong friends from across the nation. College opened my eyes to the different opportunities available, you just have to be brave enough to take advantage of them!

1. What would you recommend for a high school senior who is interested in UW?

Come tour the campus, and don't just ask questions about classes and teachers, ask about clubs, organizations, teams, and any extra opportunities available. UW is home to some unique programs and opportunities, at least try them out!

1. What’s one thing only UW students know or experience?

I get goose bumps every time the cannon goes off and the football team comes running out onto the field!