College can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be! The University of Wyoming offers some of the best tuition rates in the country. Add that to the fact that our college offers more than $400,000 in scholarships every year, and you can be on your way to earning your degree debt free in no time. As FBLA students, you are eligible for two exclusive scholarships to our college.
To help you in your search, we’ve created a list of scholarships based on admission qualifications so that finding out how you can pay for college can be easier than ever.
FBLA and New College of Business Exclusive Scholarships
If you’re a member of FBLA, you’ve worked hard and we at the COB want to reward you for that! The following scholarships offer awards of $1,000-$10,000 to high-achieving students who have been active participants in FBLA:
- The Wyoming FBLA State Officer Scholarship offers $1,000 to any incoming first-year student who held a state officer position within Wyoming FBLA. In addition, students must have above a 3.5 GPA (unweighted) and have completed the FAFSA. This scholarship may be renewable for up to 4 years.
- The FBLA National Officer Scholarship offers various awards of up to $10,000 to any incoming first-year student who has held a national office position in FBLA. In addition, students must have above a 3.5 GPA (unweighted) and have completed the FAFSA. This scholarship may be renewable for 4 years.
Get rewarded simply for being a high achieving student as well. The following award can be received alone or combined with the above FBLA awards.
- The COB High Achiever Scholarship Program awards students who have gone above and beyond in high school. Incoming freshman who have completed their FAFSA and have scored above a 28 on their ACT or 1310 on their SAT, and have above a 3.5 GPA unweighted are eligible for this award. In-state students receive $1,000 and out-of-state receives $2,000. This scholarship may be renewable for up to 4 years.
General Scholarships Offered by the University of Wyoming:
- The Wyoming Hathaway Scholarship Program consists of three levels: Honors, Performance, and Opportunity. Each level offers different amounts per semester and is based on academic merit.
- Wyoming Scholars is a scholarship available to in-state students with a Composite ACT score of 25 or above and a high school GPA of 3.5. An ACT score of 27 is required for homeschool graduates.
- The Trustees’ Scholars Award is a competitive scholarship offered to the top graduating seniors in the state each year. Applicants to UW who submit their application by December are eligible to receive the equivalent of tuition and mandatory fees as well as university housing and meal plans each year.
- The Rocky Mountain Scholars Award provides one of three amounts annually for non-resident freshmen based on their cumulative high school GPA and composite ACT/SAT score. Students receiving the top level for Rocky Mountain Scholars will receive 150% of resident tuition.
- The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is available to students transferring from a WUE state who have received an Associate’s Degree with a minimum GPA of 3.4 are eligible to receive 150% or resident tuition.
- Children of UW Alumni Benefit All non-resident students who are children of UW graduates are eligible to receive a reduced tuition rate equal to 150% of that paid by residents.
With the scholarships listed above attending the University of Wyoming College of Business is not only possible, but affordable as well! As an FBLA student you can take advantage of all we have to offer. With more than $400,000 in scholarships available see what you can save. Apply now!
For additional criteria and for more information or questions about College of Business scholarship opportunities, visit our website at www.uwyo.edu/business/scholarships