Here are a few events to put on your calendar as you prepare to get to the University of Wyoming for fall semester.
1. Classes Begin - After all, you're here to go to school. Don't be late to your first class, which kicks off Aug. 30.
2. President's Welcome BBQ in Prexy's Pasture - Taking place the first full week of classes and featuring free food and live entertainment, this event is a way to welcome all students and faculty and staff to UW for the fall semester.
3. Home athletic events - One of the best stretches of the year has to be the fall sports schedule, when UW student-athletes compete in the friendly confines of Laramie. Cowgirl soccer takes on Southern Utah on Aug. 25, Cowgirl volleyball hosts the Rumble in the Rockies tournament and Cowboy football faces Gardner-Webb on Sept. 9. Remember, all full-time students with a valid WyoOne ID get into the games free.
4. CEAS Fall Convocation - The College of Engineering and Applied Science hosts a freshmen convocation event for all CEAS newcomers the first week of classes. Attendees have the opportunity to connect with classmates, faculty and staff as a way to welcome students to the college. All who attend receive a formal welcome from CEAS administrators, introductions, surprise activity and dinner.
5. CEAS Society Meetings - One of the best things a student can do is get involved, especially at the college level. These organizations do outreach and community work and no matter what you're majoring in, it's a good bet there's a society that fits your interest and schedule. Find out when the meetings are, and join in.
For all events and deadlines for the UW campus, check out the University calendar.
* If you have not already registered for classes, your next step is to check out UW's One-Stop Wednesday to start your journey at UW!