Alumni Profile: Steve Neuberger

April 21, 2017
    alumni-steve-neuberger.jpg
    The problem solving and independence Steve Neuberger learned at UW serve him well in his design career. (Courtesy Photo)

Not long after graduating from UW, Steve Neuberger headed off to the Big Apple to pursue his graphic design career. “I ended up landing a job at an advertising agency called Bandujo,” he says. He stayed there for five years working his way from a junior to senior position before landing his current job with AMC Networks, where he’s responsible for marketing material and web design for the Shudder and Sundance Now streaming services.

“I like my new job a lot, because you get to see your work impact the product itself,” Neuberger says. “You get to build something from the ground up.”

UW’s professors gave him a great foundation, which allows him to adapt quickly. Neuberger has taken that into his career: “Once you leave, the learning never stops. You’re going to constantly need to learn new things, especially in today’s day and age. I feel UW really instilled how to learn and problem-solve and be independent about it.”

Neuberger also appreciated the small class sizes and close-knit community. “I loved going to the football games, and I loved the comedy shows. I felt like there were always things going on,” Neuberger says. “I’ve worked with kids out of the Ivy League, and I feel like my college experience was better.

“I would definitely recommend UW,” he says. “It’s a great education.”

Learn more about Communications & Journalism at UW