A Perfect Match

February 08, 2018

By Anneliese Swift

Why Not UW?

Choosing a college is no easy feat. It is effortless to imagine yourself moving across the country to attend a big name university or a school right on the beach. Of course, when it comes down to the practicalities of selecting a university that works for you, it is essential to consider your priorities.

My criteria for the perfect school were: the availability of diverse classes, access to outdoor activities, an affordable tuition and a close-knit campus. Having moved to Wyoming in high school, the University of Wyoming seemed like the obvious choice, but it was not until I visited Laramie for myself that I started to see it as the perfect choice for me.20121124_WTM0118.jpg

DIVERSE CLASSES, AFFORDABLE TUITION, OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES 

I am now a junior at UW, pursuing a degree in in communication and a minor in marketing communication. Looking back at the struggle to select the perfect school, I am confident in my decision to attend UW.

UW has granted me the opportunity to take a wide array of classes, such as Medieval European Film and Human Communication Theory. Laramie has allowed me to get in touch with nature through skiing at Snowy Range and hiking at Vedauwoo. The Hathaway Scholarship has allowed me to focus on my studies without the stress of student loans. Most importantly, UW has given me ample opportunities to get involved in different organizations and form relationships with my peers.

I was recently asked by a high school student if I enjoyed the campus and if I regret my decision to attend UW. The answer to that is a simple “No.” UW has awarded me many opportunities in terms of enhancing my education and getting involved in the community. I am proud to be a UW student.

EXPLORE WHAT UW HAS TO OFFER