UW Assistant Director of Admissions | Do what you love and you will never "work" a day in your life.

August 25, 2015

By: Adrienne Loveland | Assistant Director Admissions

Who am I:

My name is Adrienne Loveland and I am currently the Assistant Director of Admissions and one of two regional representatives for the University of Wyoming. I was born and raised in beautiful Sheridan, Wyoming, and I now live in Colorful Colorado in Denver. I graduated in 2002 with my degree in Accounting.

Passion:

I never saw myself going into Admissions. In fact, I didn’t know that was even a job. However, during my first week of being part of the admissions team, I was humbled by the unbridled passion and enthusiasm this group of professionals had for our beloved UW. It was exceptionally motivating to realize how we had such a vital part of preserving UW’s history and tradition, yet the need to enhance our institution with the brilliant minds of tomorrow’s incoming class. Although the border war, Cowboy Joe and brown and gold will forever hold a spot in our hearts as we leave the gates of UW, it is a legacy we plan to install in every future student to walk across Prexy’s Pasture.

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou

Vision:

Living vicariously through the students I meet day in and day out has been a inspiration. I meet students from all different backgrounds and experiences, but they all have the same goal in mind – to become a college graduate. It is encouraging to see the future generations of Wyoming Cowboys that have decided to give themselves the gift of knowledge. The gift of success. The gift of accomplishment.

I truly love being able to share the importance of education, to not only empower students, but to share how the University of Wyoming can help them achieve their goals and be so much more than just a university. UW can be a place to help them feel alive, to find their purpose and to be the very best they can be for that purpose.

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” – Aristotle

Do what you love and love what you do

As a mom who works, it is important to me to be a role model for my son. There are times I have to travel or work late, but he knows I love my job and that I am proud to help students find their college fit. I hope that as he grows up, he will be inspired to find a career that motivates him to become the best he can be. By being passionate about your job, you are more inclined to learn everything you can about your profession and this can only set you up for success.

I genuinely love what I do and do what I love. It is my hope that the future and past graduates of the College of Business find that inner happiness and no longer “work” a day in their lives.

“To be successful, the first thing to do is to fall in love with your work.” – Sister Mary Lauretta

In closing… Thank you for letting me share my story, my journey, my passion. It has been an absolute honor to represent UW for the past 10 years. I am so very grateful for all that I have been blessed with in my life; my education from the University of Wyoming at the forefront.

Please comment for any additional questions!